OFF-CAMPUS LODGING. We have blocked a number of rooms at The Broadway Hotel. Mention the "HBES" conference and you will get the convention rate of $149 per night (for one or two people; $10 per night per extra person). Parking costs $5 per day. The hotel has an on-site restaurant, gym, and a roof-top lounge.
ON-CAMPUS LODGING. We have reserved rooms at the University's residence halls. These will be substantially less expensive than staying in an off-campus hotel. You can either book a private room (i.e., the "SINGLE person rate") for $60 per night, or share a room with someone else (i.e., the "TWO person rate") for $37.25 per night. You can see images of the "SINGLE" and "TWO" person rooms on the right.
Here are a few notes pertaining to the residence halls:
- You are not permitted to smoke or drink alcohol anywhere on the University campus, including the residence halls.
- Residence hall rooms must be pre-paid, along with the conference registration.
- Prices include one set of linens (pillow, sheet, towel, and light blanket) for the week and breakfast each morning.
- Residence hall rooms are available starting on Tuesday, May 26 (check in after 4:00 pm), through Sunday, May 31 (check out at 12:00 pm).
- If you book a "SINGLE" room, you will still be sharing a bathroom with others.
- If you book a "TWO" person room, you will be able to specify a roommate by name. If you do not specify a roommate, we will match you up with someone of the same sex. If there are no available roommates, you will have to pay the "SINGLE" person rate.
- The keys make your room accessible to the adjoining room, so do not leave valuables in the room while you are away.
- Residence halls offer lounge areas with couches and televisions for participant use.
- Free Wi-Fi is available in the residence hall lounges and throughout the University campus.
- The residence hall desk is not open for check-in around the clock. On Tuesday, May 26, the desk will be staffed from 4:00 pm until 10:30 pm. From Wednesday onwards, the desk will be staffed from 7:00 am until 10:30 pm. If you plan to arrive late at night, please make alternative plans for lodging. If you plan to arrive early in the morning, you will need to wait before checking in to your room.